Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
If you're like me, then you must get this baby! It helps protect your nails from breaking, and leaves it feeling good!
HERE THEY ARE:
These flats are very chic & screams out glam! For under $12 bucks, these babies will help any plain outfit out!
Valued: $5.50 @ Forever 21
These cozy winter hats are just as nice on as they feel! Great accessory for any outfit!
GREAT FEEL, GREAT LOOK, GREAT COLOR, GREAT BUY
I just love this item, period!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Take a look at each area, determine how you stack up, and then make the fix today:
1) Stealing from sleep: Studies show that a minimum of seven to nine hours of uninterrupted sleep (at night) are essential for health. Sleep is the time when your body repairs and recovers from all of the metabolic processes that your body performs every second. Sleep supports healthy weight management, raises growth hormone, and heals the adrenals. If you are watching TV, working on your PC, or otherwise stimulating yourself so that you are unable to go to sleep by 11 PM, then establish the Power Down Hour and turn to more relaxing activities like baths, light novels, or cuddling with a loved one (or pet!) at least an hour or two before bedtime. Then ... retrain yourself to sleep through the night.
2) Skipping breakfast: How many times do you find yourself dashing out the door to start your day, only to discover that you forgot to eat? Listen, your body has just "fasted" overnight, and in order to fuel yourself for the day (and lower stress hormones), you must eat a balanced meal that includes proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Otherwise, your body will turn on itself for fuel, and it isn't fat but muscle that it's going to target ... which will cascade into a very nasty sequence of health consequences that will make you fat, old, and tired before your time.
3) Blowing off exercise: If you think you can manage your health and weight through dietary means alone, it won't work. Period. Exercise is crucial for stimulating proper physical and hormonal response necessary for building muscle and bone, burning fat, letting you sleep, keeping you young, giving you energy -- the list is endless. More important is the CORRECT type of exercise, which involves high-intensity interval training, along with resistance workouts. If you can't find 20-30 minutes a day to incorporate these exercises into your life (oh yeah, that is ALL you need, by the way), then you can kiss your health goodbye.
4) Noshing at night: Strapping on the feedbag in the evenings basically signals your body to hold off on burning existing fat stores, raises stress hormones before bedtime, and screws up your body's natural digestive processes at a time when it should be ready to shut down and repair. If you are eating in a hormonally-balanced way during your evening meal, there is absolutely no need to munch afterward.
5) Not counting your beverages: One of the craziest things I encounter in my work is the lack of consideration of high-calorie, high-sugar drinks in the diet. Yes, those healthy "Jumbo Juices," designer coffee slurpees (hey, they may as well be, given all the sugar in them), and those harmless little cocktails every night, especially those fruit-flavored martini and tequila drinks, can really pack on the pounds in a hurry. Make the switch to healthier options like iced green tea -- or, my favorite, Emergen-C -- for some sparkling mineral replacements that not only satisfy, but also fuel and nourish!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
(TOP & BOTTOM) Valued: 2 for $8 @ Charlotte Russe
I love these two earings, they are super cute & edgieee
Valued: $12.80 @ Forever 21
I can see punk rock or even fancy dinner with this necklace. Totally chic!
Valued: $15 @ Victoria Secret
Light Pink, Darker Lavender, Violet, and Black w/ Glitter
The colors are GREAT! PIGMENTED & BLENDABLE
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Valued $32.80 @ Forever 21
This is totally a laidback look, it will definitely work with knee high boots!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Pink Shock 90, Go Go Green 900, Sunset Prisms 330, Brassy 230
Maybelline's line of 50seconds nail color is not as impressive as I hoped for it to be, but there are certain colors which comes off better than the others. Once again we must take into consideration that this nail polish dries quickly therefore we cannot expect the same textures as other nail colors. With that said, the two color that comes off quite well is Pink Shock 90 and Brassy 230. The other two color failed for me, they came off dull and requires too many layers for the color to show.
Very gentle to the eyes, the color requires about 2-3 coats, and takes some time to dry, but comes off great. This one doesn't survive long on my fingers.
Similar to the Lavender (above) expect 2 coats will do
These two color is fabulous. I love everything about it, great quality, pigmented, doesn't give you such a hard time, and stays on strong. Except when removing it, be real careful.
The BLU failed me, the color is not HD at all, it is actually quite dull. The LITE is a different story, 2 coats and the color is vibrant, finally a great yellow color that flatters the fingers.
This line "HARD AS NAILS" is great. I love it, it dries fast, and the color doesn't chip away.
Valued: $8 @ CVS Pharmacy & @ most drugstores
This HIP line is from L'Oreal. They are very pigmented. Great drugstore eyeshadows with a burst of "HIGH FASHION" quality & color. I love the purple & yellow combination, excellent for a runway look. The toasty green palette is great for a sultry fall look. These colors blend well and also comes off great.
Valued: $6 @ Walmart
These eyeshadows are definitely worth the $price$. A youtube user suggested that I apply it wet, and the color turned out fabulous.
The pigments is outstanding, and also the color is very true to itself. Great shadows color combination as well.
One thing to keep in mind, when you are applying it dry, the color might come off as dull at first, and not so vibrant, but with two or three layers the color truly stands out. Also keep in mind, it is a condense product with a metallic base.